It’s almost the year end and here we are taking a look at some of the remarkable things from the NorthEast that happened during the year 2012. 2012 was an interesting year for the NorthEast region. We got a great deal of attention esp. in Sports and Music. Here are some of the best moments that we all are proud of.
1. 10 players from the NorthEast represented India at the London Olympics. MC Mary Kom brought home a Bronze Medal in Boxing.
2. Alobo Naga and the Band was nominated for the Best Indian Act at the MTV EMA 2012.
3. Shillong got its own Fashion Week; the Shillong Fashion Week (SFW) was introduced to promote fashion designers from the region.
4. Boomarang, the Mizo band opened for KORN’s maiden India tour in Gurgaon.
5. Sikkim hosted the 2nd PAI Paragliding Festival.
6. Ziro Music Festival was introduced with much fanfare with an amazing lineup of musicians.
7. Neil Nongkynreh of Shillong Chamber Choir became the first Indian native representing the World Choir Council.
8. Mizo Movie “Khawnglung run” sets a Benchmark for Upcoming Mizo Films.
9. Boomarang Band – the awesome rock band from Aizawl, Mizoram was signed for Luke Kenny’s upcoming movie ‘Zombie’.
10. Phijigee Mani, a Manipuri film, received National Awards in the Best Feature Film and Best Supporting Actress category.
11. Mohammad Ismat from Manipur topped All India CBSE Class XII exam 2012.
Please leave your thoughts and recommendations if we have missed anything on the list using the FB comment box below. Cheers.